Hydroponic Gardening -
Do it Right the First Time!
Hydroponic gardening is simply growing without soil. In this type of
garden you provide all of the nutrients your plants need through the
water in the hydroponic system. Plants require water, nutrients, and Oxygen at the
root level, and different hydroponic systems will provide these three
elements in various different ways.
The key to success in an indoor garden is to know the requirements of
your plants very well, and then to simply provide for them. This is
especially true when it comes to the lighting requirements and feeding
requirements of different plants. A crop of lettuce may do very well
grown under fluorescent lights, whereas tomatoes and other vegetables
require a much more intense light source to guarantee vigorous growth
and healthy development.
In addition to nutrient strength and light intensity, every plant
has a pH that is preferred. It is also very common for the light
requirements and/or nutritional requirements of your plants to change as
they grow. For example, they may need a dark photo-period to get them
to fruit, or they may require less Nitrogen and more Phosphorus and
Potassium as they go from vegetative growth into flowering/fruiting.
Having a feeding plan in advance, tailored to the needs of the
plants you are growing, is extremely helpful to getting great results.
Once you have a feeding plan, it's just a matter of maintaining your
nutrient solution properly on a day to day basis...according to the
Indoor organic and hydroponic gardening can be very
rewarding, but the challenges of providing for plants indoors can be
overwhelming to a beginner, and can be challenging to even an
I started gardening indoors over 20 years ago, and I quickly realized how much conflicting advice
was out there, and how little useful advice there was for indoor
gardening in general, and for hydroponic gardening in particular.
After many years of persistent trial and error, I now enjoy
helping garden lovers all over the world. I try my very best to make the
information here easy to understand, yet very helpful (Easy RSS feeds
to the left).
Find help choosing your indoor grow lights, understanding the
different hydroponic systems, and learning some of the finer skills of
indoor gardening...such as how to force flowering, how to take clones
successfully, and how to maintain your nutrient solution properly. My
indoor guide is here to save you time and frustration (and money) by...
Helping you do it right the first time!
Post this page to:
Table of Contents
- Easy Hydroponics Gardening at Home
- Hydroponics gardening explained in simple, easy read fashion...Different hydroponics systems, homemade hydroponic systems, feeding tips, and more
- Hydroponics Growing Systems Explained One by One
- Explains the main types of hydroponics growing systems and how each hydroponics growing system works, Includes homemade section and feeding tips.
- put together a homemade hydroponics system that works
- Instructions and tips for building homemade hydroponics systems that work, and produce great results.
- garden grow lights - tips designs and advice
- The indoor garden grow lights page is a crash course of the basics to help do it right the first time. Covers garden grow light types, use and general tips and advice.
- indoor garden designs -help so short and simple you won't believe
- Short garden designs page for indoor gardens is unbelievably easy and will leave you with the best design.
- Hydroponic Gardening Tips and Tricks
- A hydroponic gardening crash course listing the most problem solving tips and lessons I've learned over the years
- Organic gardening indoors. helpful and simply written.
- Explains organic gardening from an indoor gardening point of view. Covers organic soil mixes, organic amendments, organic hydroponics, feeding tips, lighting tips, and more.
- Each stage of the plant life cycle easily explained
- Explains 4 stages of the plant life cycle and discusses human manipulation of plant life cycle behavior.
- Growing Herbs Indoors Year Round
- Complete info for growing herbs indoors all year. Offers additional lighting tips, easy starter soil mix, feeding tips from my own spaghetti sauce garden
- How to grow tomatoes successfully indoors
- How to grow tomatoes from seed starting to seedling care, transplanting, feeding tips, special indoor considerations, pollination, and more
- Natural pest control for the Indoor Garden
- Natural pest control keeps poison out of your food. Info for every indoor gardener, organic or hydroponics, learn how.
- Troubleshooting Plant Growth to Maximize Your Garden Yield
- There are several factors that affect plant growth. Looking at these factors is an excellent way to troubleshoot an indoor garden area, solve problems, and maximize plant growth.
- Organic and HydroponicGardening Blog
- Just learning hydroponic gardening? Love gardening with organics? Get frequent updates, with the best plant feeding tips, plant growth information, and easy garden design tips.
- Hydroponics FAQ
- Easy to read hydroponics FAQ with hundreds of garden questions answered and organized by category
- Site Map for Jasons Indoor Guide to Organic and Hydroponics Gardening.
- Quickly see every page that exists for Jasons Indoor Guide to Organic and Hydroponics Gardening....all in one spot
- Ask the Hydroponic Gardening Expert at Jason's Indoor Guide
- Have your hydroponic gardening and other indoor gardening questions answered within 48 hours by the resident expert, Jason